Monday, March 16, 2015

Journey back through time: Recapping some Re-reads

Last week, I wrote a post about re-reading and the fact that I've been doing it a lot lately. I decided to do some weekly recap posts, preferably on Saturdays. However, I didn't get a chance to write my post this past weekend.

Over the last couple weeks, I have re-read a couple of my favorite series and I wanted to share some quick thoughts on my feelings for these books with a little recap.

The Lost & Found Series 
by Nicole Williams


This series is one of the greatest contemporary romances that I've ever read. Rowen Sterling and Jesse Walker were the first characters I ever met that defied all of the romance cliche's. Instead of a good girl meets bad boy, this was a good boy meets a bad girl and I loved it. Rowen is the hurt, confused and angry character and Jesse is the uplifting one. The one who gets Rowen to open up her heart and become a better person. Now Garth Black and Josie Gibson are your typical bad boy/good girl combination but Josie isn't a timid, shy girl. She isn't afraid to tell Garth how it is or kick him in the ass. Garth Black will never change but he'll always be good enough for Josie.

Sexy, hot cowboys and set in Montana, this series will make you want to visit a ranch and meet a cowboy of your own. The fourth book in this series, Losers Weepers, was released on February 24, 2015.
The Velesi Trilogy 
by L. Filloon


 I read The Velesi Trilogy before I became a blogger but this series was one that I was unsure about at first but became instantly hooked the moment I started it. I didn't know if I would enjoy a fantasy novel about elves but the backstory and world building in these books was fantastic. Living in San Diego, Lily has no idea that she is the future Queen of the Velesi realm when her betrothed, Prince Tharin shows up to bring her back to marry him. I loved the way she discovered her heritage and accepted her calling. It was tough for Lily to give up the only life she's known and have no choice in her future. There was also a lot of action in this series and I felt like the author balanced action and romance really well. I really enjoyed the plot and I felt like the author really developed the characters. I loved the ones I was supposed to love and I hated the ones I was supposed to hate.

If you're a fan of fantasy novels, I highly recommend this series. Sometimes when you read a book for the second time, you find the writing to be different or you find the plot holes you didn't see before. However, I enjoyed this series just as much the second time as I did the first.

Next week, check back for my re-read recap of the Slammed Series by Colleen Hoover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!